Marketing & Communications Expert with proven success of conceiving engaging marketing plans, strategic planning, branding, managing clients and vendors, creating content for social media and web site, and anticipating audience needs.
I have a passion for connecting products and services to those who need them, building relationships, and understanding audience needs.
Senior Content Planning Editor
WebMD, 2020 – present
* Collaborate with marketing, editorial, and audience engagement teams to determine appropriate topics and content formats for reaching targeted audiences.
* Coordinate input and feedback from various stakeholders, research and craft engaging content ideas and briefs to suit business needs, editorial standards, and user engagement.
Marketing & Communications Consultant
Freelance, 2013 – present
* Create strategic marketing plans and content for digital and traditional media, devise content strategy, serve as a liaison to community organizations, and produce marketing collateral, such as brochures, videos, print and digital ads.
* Stay current with emerging technologies and marketing communications trends.
Business Development & Marketing Consultant
Story First Creative Agency | 2019
* Developed and maintained relationships with core clientele of agency partners, non-profit foundations, brands and causes.
* Developed marketing strategy and managed social media accounts.
* Managed strategy for new client acquisition and development.
* Developed and submitted proposals; researched and responded to RFPs.
* Expanded reach to include financial organizations, technology clients, higher education institutes and healthcare organizations.
* Created marketing collateral, including pitch decks and sales presentations.
* Created and managed e-newsletters by developing content, managing mailing lists and distribution through Mailchimp.
* Attended networking events to develop relationships with future clients, community leaders and other marketing agencies.
Marketing Manager, Department of Housing & Office of Conference Services,
Georgia Institute of Technology | 2014 – 2019
* Developed and implemented integrated marketing plan including budgeting, marketing collateral, e-mail campaigns, web site design, content and management.
* Collaborated with Georgia Tech Institute Communications.
* Researched and positioned external advertising and media mentions.
* Marketed department at trade shows, conventions and seminars.
* Identified prospective clients for Conference Services and market
on-campus services to attract them to Georgia Tech.
* Organized and executed marketing & PR events on campus and at external sites.
* Created marketing collateral and content including graphics, brochures, advertisements, listicles, articles and videos.
* Collaborated with other managers on brand identity, and developed messaging and brand identity materials to align with Institute protocols.
* Met with current and potential internal strategic partners.
* Led search committee for Assistant Director role in department.
* Inclusive Leaders Academy – 2019 Cohort
* Unique Venues “Best Of” Winner in 2014, 2017 & 2019.
* Created videos for Office of Conference Services to promote Summer Conference Program, Intern Lodging Program and partnership with Georgia Tech Dining Services.
Marketing & Business Development Consultant
Ancora Pain Recovery | 2011 – 2013
* Added over 100 new referring providers to referral base. Increased subsequent business to the organization by 20%.
* Developed forums and community events for industry experts.
* Marketed new physicians to the community. Arranged meetings between referring providers and community healthcare partners.
* Gathered competitive intelligence and identified geographic areas for expanded services.
* Developed strategy and created specialized content for social media. Drove visitors to the organization’s web site, increasing visitors to pages by 30% and shared content by 5%.
Director of Marketing & Business Development
Barrow Regional Medical Center | 2007 – 2011
* Managed major marketing campaigns and provider partnerships. Created campaign strategies and plans, community event schedules and collateral marketing brochures and materials. Developed co-branding strategy with orthopedic supplier using testimonials.
* Maintained public relations channels with media to promote new services and providers.
* Gathered competitive intelligence in market, and identified geographic areas for expansion of services and physician specialties. Marketed 28 new physicians and offices.
* Developed community events involving area businesses and healthcare partners in community.
* Coordinated speaking engagements for physicians.
* Championed efforts to persuade physicians and their staff to use online ordering system, increased usage by 65%.
* Developed and maintained upgraded web site.
* Gathered operational statistics and performed financial analysis to measure ROI.
* Provided targeted health content via speakers and articles. Launched and leveraged business development relationships with affinity groups. Maintained partnership with YMCA.
Classified Sales Manager & Consultant
Athens Banner-Herald | 2002-2007
* Directed sales and marketing efforts for classified advertising.
* Developed digital marketing strategies for area employers and real estate companies to complement print advertising campaigns.
* Organized and implemented sales and distribution of special editions included advertising and community resources.
* Hired, trained and supervised a staff of eight sales consultants.
Microsoft Office | Adobe Creative | CRM | SEO | Google Analytics | CMS | Mailchimp
MBA, Marketing focus | University of Georgia
BA, Journalism/Magazine Writing & Editing, English Minor | University of Georgia
Certificate, Social Media for Business Use | University of Georgia, 2014
Digital Marketing Certificate | University of Georgia, 2019